I Learned to Enjoy The Process of Creating | Art School in Budapest Art School in Budapest: I Learned to Enjoy The Process of Creating

Art school in Budapest art school in English Language with NVC Nonviolent Communication courses

Art school in Budapest  art school in English Language  with NVC Nonviolent Communication courses

Friday, January 27, 2012

I Learned to Enjoy The Process of Creating

S.E. working on her charcoal
study of still life
S.E. was attending Studio Drawing and Painting lessonsns during the fall term. Here is what she says about her experience of the course :  

 "I came across ASIB on the Internet at the end of the summer when I tried to find art classes in English for my American husband (I am from Hungary). I did not even hope there would be any, but thanks to Barbara there are! In the autumn I started to attend the classes with my husband to gain back my long forgotten art skills.
At the first lesson we observed that the lines are alive... and they have emotions, they may be sad, happy, bored or hopeful... Then we learnt how to answer the big question, how you are supposed to hold your drawing-paper, horizontally or vertically. (That is called composition in art circles.)
S.E. working on her charcoal study

of a still life
Then we learned how to draw cubes, fortunately disguised as old suitcases and tea boxes. Working by music we practised how to depict perspective, how to measure angles and proportions, how to shade, and how to hide the bacground and emphasize the foreground. Our efforts produced their fruits in the form of a detailed still life in charcoal that we spent a few weeks working on.
In the course of time we worked in pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, brush and ink and even some colorful oil pastel. (It was interesting to see how to stain your cloths in a tasteful way using different media.)
My favourite exercise was to draw little sketches during one or two minutes of objects or of each other. Because of lack of time one has to concentrate on the essence of the sight and you do not think so much, but just let your hands draw the lines.
At every occasion Barbara waited for us with snacks and hot tea and candle light on a well-laid table so we always started the lessons in a jolly and relaxed atmosphere. (The taste and fragrance of jasmin tea will remind me of her art classes henceforth.)
The drawing lessons at ASIB with Barbara`s tactful and expert corrections and interesting exercises helped me to stop judging myself negatively while drawing. Thus I learned to enjoy the process of creating. The classes were a period of peace for me in my busy life and I managed to open up my own creativity. The presence of likeminded students was also useful and it was inspiring to work together.
I suggest this course with all my heart to people who want to improve their drawing skills or start learning from any level, who want to discover their talents, who want to dig into their psyche more deeply and last but not least who like to have a good time! "
(S.E.)

No comments:

Post a Comment